Florida Psychological Associates LLC
A Moment in the Limelight:
Anna Rene' Blackshear, LMHC, CIC
Here at Florida Psychological Associates, we are focused on
assisting our clients and pushing them to live their best lives.
In doing so, we thrive working behind the scenes and do as
much as we can show appreciation to all of our staff. This
is an exciting day on FPA Today because we are bringing
one of our outstanding therapists, Anna Rene' Blackshear,
into the limelight for a moment.
Anna is a Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and Certified Intrinsic Coach (CIC). She received her Masters of Science in Mental Health Counseling from the University of North Florida. Anna has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, get to know her below:
1. What is your favorite quote?
- Whew, I have a lot of those!!! (Hello, Pinterest) I wish I could sound witty and knowledgable, but honestly these two simple ones are my favorites from the movie, Cinderella, "Have courage and be kind," and "Be your own kind of beautiful." I love encouraging people to be different, to be proud of who they are and to embrace the beauty in that.
2. Why did you become a therapist?
- God kind of pushed me into this role. My undergraduate degree is in Public Relations. I worked in the corporate world for several years, and it left me feeling not quite fulfilled. I spent some time with my brother in Northern Ireland doing some soul searching. God and I had some good "talks" where I felt pushed (literally shoved - I didn't want to go back to school) to step into this world. It's been wonderful, challenging, and heartbreaking at times but so very worth it. I love sitting with people, hearing their stories, and trying my best to be a helper in how they heal or learn about who they are.
3. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Organized (at least I like to try), Trustworthy, Adventurous (not to be confused with spontaneous, ha!), Serious, and Kind
4. How do you balance your job and personal life?
- Movement/Exercise; its not all the time and rarely is it on a schedule these days but I try my best to make it happen as often as I can.
5. What makes you happy?
- My awesome husband and babies, traveling, and musical theatre...to name a few.
6. What is a must on your bucket list?
- Skydiving over Banff Lake
7. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
- My sweet (and exhausting) babies. I have a two and a three year old.
8. If you could choose another profession, what would it be?
- I have always wanted to be the singing voice of a Disney Princess in an animated movie.
9. What is your favorite part about working for FPA?
- Outside of finally feeling fulfilled with my work life, I love Dr. Drew and Dr. Hume. I love their vision for the community we work with for and the passion they have for their employees.
10. What is one thing that you want our readers to know about you?
- I'm a little "weird", and I really like it. I love curling up with my husband, watching British shows, and riding bikes with our kiddos. I love musical theatre and Hallmark movies. I love motorcycles and skydiving, white water rafting, and tattoos. Mostly though, I love my family and my God. My faith is what drives me and keeps me grounded when I feel I am spiraling.
You will find Anna seeing her clients in at our office in Kingsland, GA during the week. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone (904) 277-0027 | Fax (904) 775-4480| email@example.com
1584 Normandy Village Parkway, Ste 36 Jacksonville, FL 32221
Copyright © Florida Psychological Associates LLC. All rights reserved.