Florida Psychological Associates LLC
Here at Florida Psychological Associates, we are focused on
assisting our clients and pushing them to live their best lives.
In doing so, we thrive working behind the scenes and do as
much as we can show appreciation to all of our staff. This
is an exciting day on FPA Today because we are bringing
one of our outstanding therapists, Heather Hendley,
into the limelight for a moment.
Heather graduated from the University of Georgia (Go Bulldogs!) with a Master's degree in Social Work in 2018, after obtaining her undergraduate degree in Psychology at UGA as well. Heather has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, get to know her below:
1. What is your favorite quote?
- “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
2. Why did you become a counselor/social worker?
- I was involved in an abusive relationship throughout high school that made me question a lot of things in my life. I began seeing a therapist, at the request of my father, to break free from the relationship, and in the process fell in love with counseling itself. She taught me to look to myself to find the answers necessary and gave me the courage to leave a relationship I had entirely immersed myself in. Once I began college, I realized that becoming a counselor was something I was really interested in and I hoped for the opportunity to help other women/men that were experiencing abuse in their relationships. Over the years, my passion for counseling expanded into more than abusive relationships but the desire to help others remained with me always. Having the opportunity to help others and provide a listening ear is the greatest blessing of my life.
3. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Passionate; Driven; Empathetic; Charismatic; Animated
4. How do you balance your job and personal life?
- I strive to practice self-care daily even if it is something as small as taking my dog Charlie for a walk! Being mindful of the impact our job has on our own well-being as well as our relationships with others is important, so I try to be conscious of how I am feeling each day after work and address any unresolved feelings or concerns if I can.
5. What is one thing you could never live without?
6. Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
- I have always been a veracious reader and quite fast when I am interested in the book. I once read “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” in 2 ½ hours.
7. What 3 songs would be included on the soundtrack of your life?
- “Leave the Biker”- Fountains of Wayne, “Dancing Queen”- ABBA, and “Somebody to Love”- Queen.
8. What you would say to yourself at age 13?
- I would say “Choose who you spend your time with wisely. Surround yourself with the people who make you laugh and support your growth through the next few years. Also, do every musical/play offered through the drama department—you won’t regret it.”
9. What is your favorite part about working for FPA?
- I love being surrounded by a diverse group of professionals when I come into the office. I love hearing perspectives from all different disciplines and learning how to approach situations through the minds of a Mental Health Counselor or Psychologist. I believe it is important to always consider different approaches when searching for best practices so being surrounded by incredible professionals from all different walks of life is truly rewarding in my work.
10. What is one thing that you want our readers to know about you?
- I am passionate about my profession and want to continue learning so that I can always improve in my practice over the course of my career.
You will find Heather seeing her clients in the STARRS program at Wildlight Elementary School during the week. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
A Moment in the Limelight:
Heather hendley, RCSWI
1903 Island Walk Way, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
542194 US-1, Callahan, Florida 32011 | 130 N Gross Road, Kingsland, Georgia 31548
Phone (904) 277-0027 | Fax (407) 867-6261 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Florida Psychological Associates LLC. All rights reserved.