Florida Psychological Associates LLC
A Moment in the Limelight:
Laney Payne, Rmhci
Here at Florida Psychological Associates, we are focused on
assisting our clients and pushing them to live their best lives.
In doing so, we thrive working behind the scenes and do as
much as we can show appreciation to all of our staff. This
is an exciting day on FPA Today because we are bringing
one of our outstanding therapists, Laney Payne,
into the limelight for a moment.
Laney obtained her master’s degree in clinical mental health counseling and psychology from Troy University and earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology and community and civic engagement from Auburn University. Laney has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, get to know her below:
1. What is your favorite quote?
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” -Neale Donald Walsch
2. Why did you become a therapist?
- After starting out in architecture school, of all things, I quickly found myself designing affordable homes that could shape the lives of those who lived inside. I was fascinated by the idea of how one’s environment shapes who they are at their core, which naturally led me to world of psychology. Pair that passion with a few unexpected curve balls thrown my way and a remarkable encounter with a therapist that would help dramatically shift my way of thinking, and here I am! I’ve always seemed to be the deep thinker of the group and have found creative ways to learn more about the lives of those around me… specifically those overcoming adverse experiences. A professor once told me that a good therapist is like a mirror, and our job is to shine the light into the darkness. I’ve truly taken that to heart and enjoy being a part of the healing and growth journey!
3. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Empathetic, kind, driven, sarcastic, with a dash of quirk!
4. Describe your perfect day.
- April 25th, it’s not too hot, not too cold, and all you need is a light jacket. Just kidding! My perfect day entails SUNSHINE, salt water, good live music, loved ones, and pizza... lots of pizza!
5. What is one thing you could never live without?
- Laughter! Humor is a true survival tool that brings JOY and pumps energy in our souls. It’s important that I remember to not take things so seriously all the time, feel the sunshine, and let myself experience the good belly kind of laugh.
6. Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
- Unbelievably, I beat out all the boys in skeet shooting circa the 2007 forestry camp competition and have a history of quail identification skills. I recently mounted my first 9-point deer on the wall, and I feel blacksmithing may be in my future! I’ve also inherited a love for basket weaving from my grandmother. One could say I like to keep like interesting!
7. What 3 songs would be included on the soundtrack of your life?
- You Can’t Rush Your Healing by Trevor Hall, Tree to Grow by The Lone Bellow, and Lady May by Tyler Childers.
8. What is a must on your bucket list?
- Help others find and recognize joy. Over and over again.
9. What is your favorite part about working for FPA?
- I truly enjoy working with fellow humans that have an authentic passion for this line of work. Every encounter that I have with a coworker, I walk away having learned something and inspired to try new things. With the hustle and bustle of the world around us, I am so glad to have found an organization that fosters professional growth, healthy relationships, and personal self-care. FPA leadership not only challenges you to be a better clinician, but also nurtures personal relationships to empower us as individuals!
10. What is one thing that you want our readers to know about you?
- I’ve always been a bit of a misfit, haha! I’ve had several different paths that have led me to where I am today, some more surprising than others (hence my time as an oyster farmer). I’ve always had a passion for finding fellow outliers in life and creating a space for authentic connection. Growing up, my grandmother referred to me as her mermaid, as I suppose I’ve always dwelled in the depths that others may shy away from. I find this not only helps my work, but it keeps my cup filled by finding other kindred spirits! I can honestly say that this work has allowed me to be my true self and serve others along the way!
You will find Laney seeing her clients at our office in Kingsland, GA during the week. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1903 Island Walk Way, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
542194 US-1, Callahan, Florida 32011 | 130 N Gross Road, Kingsland, Georgia 31548
Phone (904) 277-0027 | Fax (904) 775-4480| email@example.com
Copyright © Florida Psychological Associates LLC. All rights reserved.