Here at Florida Psychological Associates, we are focused on
assisting our clients and pushing them to live their best lives.
In doing so, we thrive working behind the scenes and do as
much as we can show appreciation to all of our staff. This
is an exciting day on FPA Today because we are bringing
one of our outstanding therapists, Sarah Burke,
into the limelight for a moment.
Sarah was born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida and graduated from Florida State University in 2017 with a combined M.S./Ed.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Sarah has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, get to know her below:
1. What is your favorite quote?
- “Service is the rent we pay for being. It is the very purpose of life, and not something you do in your spare time.” – Marian Wright Edelman
2. Why did you become a counselor?
- I wanted a career that would allow me the opportunity to be a part of seeing first hand peoples lives change for the better. I consider it to be such a privilege to get to witness people making huge, positive strides in their mental and emotional well-being, and see kids learn skills that can positively impact the trajectory of their future. I think I have the best job in the world!
3. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Steady, kind, predictable, easy-going, and fun
4. If you could choose another profession, what would it be?
- I kind of nerd out about music theory, so I’ve always thought that I would love to teach general ed music theory at the high school level… if that were a thing.
5. What is one thing you could never live without?
- The Word of God
6. Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
- A weird one - I can wiggle my ears.
7. What 3 songs would be included on the soundtrack of your life?
- Born and Raised by John Mayer, A Message by Coldplay, and Motion Sickness by Phoebe Bridgers
8. Describe your perfect day.
- Start off with a good workout, then a day full of relaxing outside in perfect weather (70 degrees, 30ish% humidity, partly cloudy, gentle breeze) with good food and people I love.
9. What is your favorite part about working for FPA?
- I love getting to work with such incredible clients, and alongside such a fantastic team of professionals in this extremely well-rounded, collaborative agency!
10. What is one thing that you want our readers to know about you?
- I grew up on the Bobby Bowden principle of “Faith, Family, Football” and it has served me pretty well thus far in life.
You will find Sarah seeing her clients at our Fernandina Beach office during the week. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
A Moment in the Limelight:
Sarah Burke, RMHCI
Florida Psychological Associates LLC
1903 Island Walk Way, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
542194 US-1, Callahan, Florida 32011 | 130 N Gross Road, Kingsland, Georgia 31548
Phone (904) 277-0027 | Fax (904) 775-4480| firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Florida Psychological Associates LLC. All rights reserved.