Florida Psychological Associates LLC
A Moment in the Limelight:
Sofia Rubin, Rmhci
Here at Florida Psychological Associates, we are focused on
assisting our clients and pushing them to live their best lives.
In doing so, we thrive working behind the scenes and do as
much as we can show appreciation to all of our staff. This
is an exciting day on FPA Today because we are bringing
one of our outstanding therapists, Sofia Rubin,
into the limelight for a moment.
Sofia graduated from the University of North Florida with a Master's of Science degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Sofia has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, get to know her below:
1. What is your favorite quote?
- "When it's over, I want to say all my life I was a bride married to amazement. I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms. When it's over, I don't want to wonder if I have made of my life something particular, and real. I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened, or full of argument. I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.” Mary Oliver
2. Why did you become a therapist?
- I became a therapist because I cannot think of anything more sacred than to sit with someone in their pain and watch them find their light. My own therapy gave me a space to understand myself and choose a life I wanted to live. I found my voice and tools to help me be the most authentic version of myself. I knew I always wanted a career where I could serve people in a meaningful and purposeful way. I believe in a world where we are all connected and when we heal ourselves we heal our world.
3. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Loving, Resilient, Truthful, Brave, Goofy
4. What is a must on your bucket list?
- I plan to take a really long road trip with someone I love a whole lot and drive through America with the windows down and music loud.
5. What makes you happy?
- Happiness is when I am connecting with my tribe, playing in the ocean, savoring ice cream, feeling sunshine on my face, admiring sunsets/sunrises, and dancing.
6. Describe your perfect day.
- My perfect day is... a really hot summer day in Florida at the beach. It goes like this... I wake up, clean my space, find a good book to read and jam to music on the way to Publix. Then, I get a pub sub and meet my friends at the beach. We play in the waves, read, beachcomb, and sunbathe (with sunscreen on). I stay until the afternoon thunderstorm rolls in and I watch the sky turn dark. Then I go home and nap. I wish it was summer right now.
7. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
- The sun and the wind get be out of bed every morning. And my cup of joe.
8. What you would say to yourself at age 13?
- I would say "Oh sweetie it is going to be okay. I know it is so hard and I love you. You are doing everything the very best way you know how to. You are love and light. I promise you, I am right here with you and I always will be.” (I am still telling myself this everyday!)
9. What is your favorite part about working for FPA?
- "Oh man, the culture and sense of belonging I feel with our team! I get to be myself and embrace others to be themselves. Everyday at FPA I get to connect, laugh, and be seen. Working here brings me joy and fulfillment."
10. What is one thing that you want our readers to know about you?
- One thing I want people to know about me is I believe fully in the healing power of bubble baths, naps, and dancing.
You will find Sofia seeing her clients in at our office in Fernandina Beach during the week. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
1903 Island Walk Way, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
542194 US-1, Callahan, Florida 32011 | 130 N Gross Road, Kingsland, Georgia 31548
Phone (904) 277-0027 | Fax (407) 867-6261 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Florida Psychological Associates LLC. All rights reserved.