Florida Psychological Associates LLC
Here at Florida Psychological Associates, we are focused on
assisting our clients and pushing them to live their best lives.
In doing so, we thrive working behind the scenes and do as
much as we can show appreciation to all of our staff. This
is an exciting day on FPA Today because we are bringing
one of our outstanding therapists, Tina Scannell,
into the limelight for a moment.
Tina is a licensed mental health counselor in the states of New York and Florida. She obtained her Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from The State University of New York at Albany in 2015 and became licensed in 2017. Tina has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, get to know her below:
1. What is your favorite quote?
- My favorite quote is short and simple, “Live & Learn.” I like this quote because it reminds me of the importance of learning from my mistakes and that everything doesn’t always have to be perfect!
2. Why did you become a therapist?
- At first I was a business major in college because it seemed like a “safe” route. But after I didn’t make it into the business school, I had to figure out what else I wanted to do. I switched my major to psychology because I was teaching dance at the time to kids/teens and realized I loved teaching others find outlets for their creativity and helping them be creative in expressing themselves. Soon after starting my psychology classes, the Mental Health Counseling program fell into my lap. I realized I loved being that support for others at my job and with my friends, so I ran with it and have never been happier with my decision.
3. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Ambitious, Creative, Organized, Personable, and Compassionate
4. How do you balance your job and personal life?
- Self care! I love to spend time with my cat, read books, dance, and watch way too many reality TV shows that my husband can’t stand.
5. What is one thing you could never live without?
- Carbs! Give me all the bread and pasta!
6. Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
- I used to competitively dance when I was younger in the styles of jazz, tap, ballet, hip hop, and lyrical. It was one of my most favorite memories growing up being able to travel the east coast with my best friends dancing together in competitions.
7. What 3 songs would be included on the soundtrack of your life?
- Show Me Love – Robin S, Party Up – DMX, Kashmir – Led Zeppelin
8. What you would say to yourself at age 13?
- Don’t put so much pressure on yourself to get everything “right” the first time, it’s okay to make mistakes!
9. What is your favorite part about working for FPA?
- I love working for FPA because I always feel heard and validated when I go to my supervisor or coworkers about anything. It’s always so motivating to see the positive and effective work others are doing around me.
10. What is one thing that you want our readers to know about you?
- One thing I would want others to know about me is that I continue to be inspired and motivated by my clients daily. I’m constantly looking for ways to improve myself personally and professionally to be that positive support for others in the world!
You will find Tina seeing her clients at our office in Kingsland, GA during the week.. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Moment in the Limelight:
Tina Scannell, LMHC
1903 Island Walk Way, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
542194 US-1, Callahan, Florida 32011 | 130 N Gross Road, Kingsland, Georgia 31548
Phone (904) 277-0027 | Fax (407) 867-6261 | email@example.com
Copyright © Florida Psychological Associates LLC. All rights reserved.