Florida Psychological Associates LLC
A Moment in the Limelight:
Jenna Nelson, LCSW
Here at Florida Psychological Associates, we are focused on
assisting our clients and pushing them to live their best lives.
In doing so, we thrive working behind the scenes and do as
much as we can show appreciation to all of our staff. This
is an exciting day on FPA Today because we are bringing
one of our outstanding therapists, Jenna Nelson,
into the limelight for a moment.
Jenna graduated from Emmanuel College in Franklin Springs, Georgia with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology in 2015. Mrs. Nelson immediately entered graduate school at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. She graduated with a Master of Arts degree in Social Work in 2017. Jenna has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, get to know her below:
1. What is your favorite quote?
- This is a quote that I utilize in my practice daily: “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.” – Unknown. But I also follow this highly influential mantra by Bill Murray as well: “Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.”
2. Why did you become a counselor/social worker?
- I initially went to college to become a teacher, but during my student-teaching I found myself wanting to talk to my students about what was going on in their lives instead of wanting to teach. I talked with my advisor at the time and changed my major to psychology. After changing my major, I learned more about the different paths I could take and decided on social work with a focus in clinical counseling and trauma-informed care.
3. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Kind, dependable, compassionate, independent, and witty.
4. How do you balance your job and personal life?
- I make a conscious effort to make time for myself, which can be working out, spending time with family and friends, reading, going to the beach, or watching too much TV.
5. What is one thing you could never live without?
- Ketchup – I put it on everything!
6. Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
- I know all the words to “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice and can rap the entire song.
7. What 3 songs would be included on the soundtrack of your life?
- “Enter Sandman” by Metallica, “I Loved Her First” by Heartland, and “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green
8. What you would say to yourself at age 13?
- Don’t wait until you are 25 to read the Harry Potter series!
9. What is your favorite part about working for FPA?
- FPA has enabled me to have my dream job. I love being able to work as a therapist in the school setting and love the partnership FPA has with Nassau County Schools. I am also so grateful for the constant support and encouragement from the entire FPA team.
10. What is one thing that you want our readers to know about you?
- My favorite place to eat in the world is Taco Bell!
You will find Jenna seeing her clients in the STARRS program at Yulee High School during the week. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1903 Island Walk Way, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
542194 US-1, Callahan, Florida 32011 | 130 N Gross Road, Kingsland, Georgia 31548
Phone (904) 277-0027 | Fax (904) 775-4480| email@example.com
Copyright © Florida Psychological Associates LLC. All rights reserved.