Florida Psychological Associates LLC
A Moment in the Limelight:
Virginia Foxworth, Rmhci
Here at Florida Psychological Associates, we are focused on
assisting our clients and pushing them to live their best lives.
In doing so, we thrive working behind the scenes and do as
much as we can show appreciation to all of our staff. This
is an exciting day on FPA Today because we are bringing
one of our outstanding therapists, Virginia Foxworth,
into the limelight for a moment.
Virginia graduated from the University of North Florida with a Master's of Science degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Virginia has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, get to know her below:
1. What is your favorite quote?
- I have two quotes that I keep coming back to over and over again. “I am human so nothing human can be foreign to me.” That was penned by the great poet Maya Angelou. And, “Let death be what takes us, not a lack of imagination,” said by palliative care physician B. J. Miller.
2. Why did you become a therapist?
- I did it all for the money. Each night when I swan dive in my coin cellar like Scrooge McDuck, I remind myself why I work in mental health... Ok, that’s not true. I like people. Humans are the most fascinating creatures in the universe and they endlessly pique my curiosity. People do the most amazing and most horrific things. I love the messy, chaotic world of human emotion and experience. Being a therapist gives me the opportunity to have a front row seat in the lives of so many people. I consider it an amazing privilege to be invited into people’s stories, often when things are particularly complex or difficult, and to be a witness to growth and change. I have the best job ever.
3. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Thoughtful, creative, passionate, curious, and kind
4. What is your favorite book that you can read over and over again?
- Life of Pi. This book is one of the most incredible works of fiction ever written.
5. What makes you happy?
- I love spending time with my family. I have some amazing friends; being with them brings me so much joy. I love to surf, run, make pottery, draw, swim, camp, ride my bike, cook, listen to music, read poetry, observe sunrises and sunsets, and sit by a fire.
6. What is one thing you could never live without?
- Water. Duh.
7. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
- I am a morning person. Most days I wake up thrilled to start a new day. I look forward to exercising early in the morning before my day begins and then I usually start thinking about my sessions scheduled for that day.
8. If you could choose another profession, what would it be?
- I want to do all the things! I wish I had a hundred lives so I could be a carpenter, a doctor, a writer, a park ranger, a shaman, a farmer, a diplomat, a photographer, a conservationist, a professional athlete, an architect, an artist, and a journalist.
9. What is your favorite part about working for FPA?
- I love being a part of a team. I don’t do well working in isolation all the time (see my answer for number 2).
FPA has some of the most gifted mental health professionals in all of North Florida. Dr. Drew and Dr. Hume are brilliant psychologists and they have synthesized a balanced and integrated model for care in the construction of FPA. The therapeutic team has a spirit of cooperation and a standard of excellence. I am thankful I can lean on my peers at FPA, and I am constantly inspired to produce my best work as my own contribution to the collective work we do.
10. What is one thing that you want our readers to know about you?
- I am afraid of heights.
You will find Virginia seeing her clients in at our office in Fernandina Beach during the week. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
1903 Island Walk Way, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
542194 US-1, Callahan, Florida 32011 | 130 N Gross Road, Kingsland, Georgia 31548
Phone (904) 277-0027 | Fax (407) 867-6261 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Florida Psychological Associates LLC. All rights reserved.